ICD-10-CM 2022: The Complete Official Codebook provides the entire updated code set for diagnostic coding, organized to make the challenge of accurate coding easier.
The American Medical Association (AMA) is the physicians' powerful ally
in patient care. As the only medical association that convenes 190+
state and specialty medical societies and other critical stakeholders,
the AMA represents physicians with a unified voice to all key players in
health care. The AMA leverages its strength by removing the obstacles
that interfere with patient care, leading the charge to prevent chronic
disease and confront public health crises and driving the future of
medicine to tackle the biggest challenges in health care.
The Complete Official Codebook provides the entire updated code set for diagnostic coding, organized to make the challenge of accurate coding easier.
This codebook is the cornerstone for establishing medical necessity, correct documentation, determining coverage and ensuring appropriate reimbursement.
Each of the 22 chapters in the Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is organized to provide quick and simple navigation to facilitate accurate coding.
The book also contains supplementary appendixes including a coding tutorial, pharmacology listings, a list of valid three-character codes and additional information on Z-codes for long-term drug use and Z-codes that can only be used as a principal diagnosis.
Official 2022 coding guidelines are included in this codebook.FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Full list of code changes. Quickly see the complete list of new, revised, and deleted codes affecting the CY2022 codes, including a conversion table and code changes by specialty.
- QPP symbol in the tabular section. The symbol identifies diagnosis codes associated with Quality Payment Program (QPP) measures under MACRA.
- New and updated coding tips. Obtain insight into coding for physician and outpatient settings.
- Chapter 22 features U-codes and coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) codes
- Improved icon placement for ease of use
- New and updated definitions in the tabular listing. Assign codes with confidence based on illustrations and definitions designed to highlight key components of the disease process or injury and provide better understanding of complex diagnostic terms.
- Intuitive features and format. This edition includes color illustrations and visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, codes associated with CMS hierarchical condition categories (HCC), Medicare Code Edits (MCEs), manifestation codes, other specified codes, and unspecified codes.
- Placeholder X. This icon alerts the coder to an important ICD-10-CM convention and the use of a "placeholder" for three-, four- and five-character codes requiring a seventh character extension.
- Coding guideline explanations and examples. Detailed explanations and examples related to application of the ICD-10-CM chapter guidelines are provided at the beginning of each chapter in the tabular section.
- Muscle/tendon translation table. This table is used to determine muscle/tendon action (flexor, extensor, other), which is a component of codes for acquired conditions and injuries affecting the muscles and tendons
- Index to Diseases and Injuries. Shaded guides to show indent levels for subentries.
- Appendices. Supplement your coding knowledge with information on proper coding practices, risk-adjustment coding, pharmacology, and Z-codes.
This is a digital product which will be accessed through the
VitalSource Bookshelf platform.